Sunday, August 30, 2009

Finishing Touches

The elephant and guitars are finished, complete with labels!


I settled on "Elephant Walk." There is a kids' music piece that was used for years on "The Buckshot Show" titled "Elephant Walk" as its intro theme music. Joe told me this. I remember the music, but didn't know the name of it.

I'll deliver the quilt next time I hear kid sounds at the neighbours - two active little boys, now with a baby sister!

I never seem to do a good job of the lighting. Hope the pix are good enough to get the idea.

And here is "Guitar Hero." You will recall that I ran out of the bright green and was lamenting this fact. When we were in the Jo-Ann Fabric store in Spokane, there was a few shades of bright green. I took a chance that I selected the right one and - Yay! - it was. So I picked up some more and did the border with it! I'm very pleased about that!
This is the backing for Guitar Hero.

Joe modelled both quilts in the absence of their intended owners. I hope to get caught up on the "modelling" pix soon, too!
In the meantime, the weather outside is great so I'm going to adjourn to the deck and doodle the concept for my next quilt! Enjoy the day!

1 comment:

  1. Your new little neighbour will love her quilt! And 'Guitar Hero' is terrific, the colours are great.

    ReplyDelete