Monday, May 10, 2010

New York, New York!

NYC top done!

Here's a bit of chit chat about the border. This is based on the Harlequin border pattern from the Blocks Galore website. The pattern uses only one row of "diamonds" whereas I wanted two - which adds a bit of fussiness to getting it all together. But the method is the same.

First - strip the colours together. Cut the outside strips 1/2 inch wider than the inside strips.
Cut the strips to the required size. In this case I was going for one inch squares so the inside strips and the cut strips were all 1.5 inches. Outside strips were 2 inches. Times Square is the postcard inspiration for the quilt design.

The corners were a bit fussy - but that's because I did them the hard way. If you do them the easy way - shouldn't be too much trouble. My mistake is that I set the blocks all the same way - even though I knew not to - I think I'm a bit dyslexic (that's my excuse - more likely just a klutz!) and thought I reversed the direction, but didn't. Anyway - I got them altogether and I'm quite pleased with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment