Sunday, February 21, 2010

Small Projects

I'm trying to not sew long enough to do a good cleaning/tidying of my sewing area now that the reno is mostly done. But I'm easily distracted. I wanted to try out a small thing from one of my books (above). It's about 21*15.5 inches finished. But it's actually not quite finished. I still want to put some beads on it. I really don't know what I'm going to do with it. But I guess someone will end up with it whether they want it or not!

I visited my parents last week in the Okanagan. Mom has a friend who used to quilt and had some fabric she wanted to get rid of so I went down to take a look at it. I pulled out some and brought it home. I decided to try out Kristie's tote bag pattern (Charm Party Tote by Penny Sturges - I think Kristie has made about a million of them!) with some of the fabric and give it to the lady who gave me the fabric. The result is above. I may adapt this pattern and make one for my Mom. She wants some sort of a bag with a zipper. This one doesn't have a zipper, but I think it would be easy enough to add.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on the zipper for a bag, after losing a couple of things from an open bag (they fell out) I now like my bags zipped. Your little quilt is summertime fun!

    ReplyDelete