Sunday, December 4, 2011

Snow! And 2011 Minis

 It started snowing about 14:00 yesterday afternoon and continued for the rest of the day and night.  We ended up with about 4-6 inches of fluffy white stuff.  I didn't get pix until after shovelling and neighbour kids messed it up - but oh well.  The kids looked like they were having fun!

It seems each year since I started this quilting hobby I have a couple of months at the end of the year where I pause for station identification.  I have lots of batting ends and bits and pieces generated from the quilts I've made previously.  I want to clear up some of the debris.  And make a few items for the season as well. 
 First up are my little gift bags - I made some of these last year.  Two half meters yield 10 bags.  I picked up this Mark Lipinski fabric for 1/2 price (I cannot resist a sale). 
 I made three minis as per the above - this is actually a pattern from a book called Pretty Little Mini Quilts  - a Lark Book (no specific author - this quilt is designed by Rebeka Lambert and called Around the Block).  Finished size is about 29 inches square.  No new fabric here - all "left overs".  Chris and Karl get the wine block.

 I've also been making some Christmas items for ME!  I think these are the first things I've actually quilted for myself.  We have three end tables this size and the larger coffee table.  I have two small ones done, hand sewing the third and will be working on the coffee table next.  I may even decide to do a runner for the dining table.  Using some fabric up and started in on some Christmas fabric I picked up a couple of years ago.  I made up the pattern. 
 Here are the remaining Around the Block minis.  The red one went home with Carol and Dan.  I put the blue one in for a door prize for my company party - then won it back!  I will have to find another home for it.  These are both using up more "left overs".
Finally - this little guy (above) still using up the fabric from my very first project table toppers/runners for my Mom.  Didn't measure this guy, but probably about 20 inches square. 

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't that snow look so pretty.....but I bet in real life it is mushy and slushy! Love your little minis, and the gift bags are a great way to use batting scraps. Do you use a pattern?

    ReplyDelete