Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas Sewing Wrap Up!


Here is Legends of the Ivories all done for my Mom. Mom taught piano for a billion years, lead choirs, played organ/piano for various churches, etc. Most recently she accompanied a quartet of singers in the Kelowna area - over a number of years, they put on concerts at various venues. Since they had to rent the venues, they charged for tickets and donated any funds left after they covered their expenses to the Food Bank. They raised something like $75,000 over the years!


Here she is!

I quilted the centre piano on my new Janome. It worked very well. I did the outside part of the quilt on Harley - tried doing a sort of "straight line" design - but Harley is definitely not designed to do straight line quilting so I'm not too thrilled with that part, but way too lazy to pull it out and do it again. Another live and learn experience.

Here is A Hunting We Will Go - for Dad. All done.


Carol and Dan showed up unexpectedly, so I stayed up late to finish stitching the binding on Skulduggery. Dan seemed pleased with it - whew!





I found some Maxine prints when I was in Denver so picked up 1/2 yard of the bubble print and then a panel of the blocks. I didn't know what I would do, but thought it would be amusing to do something for the Divas. I ended up making 8 inch blocks - one of the bubble and one of the block for each of six little minis. I guess they can be used as a hot pad or a place mat for a cup of coffee and a cookie plate or something. I had some colourful fabric left from another project to "fill in the blanks" with. Tops above, backs below.

Close up of "bubble" print above, "block" below. One for each Diva and one for Pam.

1 comment:

  1. Love those quilts, they are all such fun and so creative!

    ReplyDelete